Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sugar Bowl Fan Fest - Chicken On A Stick Booth- New Orleans, LA

One more stop in Louisiana country. At the Sugar Bowl Fan Fest in Champions Square outside the Superdome they had a concert, bars, and all kinds of food booths a few hours before the game. We made our way down there from Bourbon Street about 4:00 a few hours before kickoff. Very well put on event. The best pre-game bowl atmosphere and bowl game festivities I've even been to and I've been to all of them. Except the Las Vegas Bowl. Glad I missed that horrible game.
So anyway I was a beverage run for the guys and I come across a stand with a sign that says "Chicken On A Stick." For reals. I LOVE chicken on a stick. It goes all the way back to my Pine Bluff days. There was a Shell gas station that had chicken on a stick. Large boneless breast fillets on a stick. Mmmmm good. Here she is.............

Not even close to being as large as the Bluffs stick. Served luke warm with pretty heavy batter on both sides. Okay taste just not enough of it. Needed seasoning. You think I would have some left from the 4 alarm fire I had in mouth from the day before. Nope.

5 out of 10 clucks

No comments:

Post a Comment