Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Vieux Carre Chicken Wings & Tenders - New Orleans, LA

My friend Dave and I flew down to New Orleans last week to watch the Hogs give the game away to the Buckyes last week. As we were walking down St. Louis street one of the many side streets that connect with Bourbon Street my friend Dave said "Hey you have to do a review while you are here." Actually he said it with a little slur. :)
He then points out this little place called Vieux Carre Wingery. It's a very small little walk in restaurant with a very small area to eat. So I decided to get some to go as an appetizer for our upcoming dinner.

You get a 5 piece for $5.75. Not bad. They were large hand battered tenders. You can actually watch the guy dip them in the flour and seasoning as you order them. He put a ton of seasoning on them. I asked them what it consisted of and he just said "secret cajun recipe." Ohhhhhhh okay.
Well let me tell you it was one hot and very spicy receipe. My mouth and lips were on fire as we walked to our next stop. They were tasty though. Just hot. Damn hot.

8 out of 10 clucks

No fry on the side on this little adventure.

I hope we are back next year in the Sugar Bowl. If we are it means we will be playing in the national championship. Go Hogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment